Sunday, September 13, 2009

A very short honeymoon period


We celebrated our first night in the house with a bottle of Rene Geoffroy Champagne, two triple cream cheeses, two old beach chairs that we had in the back of our cars and the Maria Joao Pires recordings of the Chopin Nocturnes.


It was a challenge to hold ourselves back from starting projects right away, but we refrained and enjoyed our evening. The change from Portland's sirens to Gorham's crickets was at first startling, but I don't think either of us has slept as peacefully in a long time. -Nick

2 comments:

  1. I love how you can see the stairs. I'm so happy for you guys. I love homes and architecture and design. I have a TON of glas picture frames with the matting if you'd like them.

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in two beach chairs for months during our renovation....

    ReplyDelete